the 4-door sedan diaries
so this four-year old has bad parents. she’s still a better driver than most. see her checking her blind spot?
i question whether she’s four or two though, as she babbles but does not form words. maybe the driving skills take away from other development? even more disturbing. i also question whether that’s a normal car, one with steering and brakes on the passenger side, or a fred flintstone car, powered and controlled by her parents’ pounding step.
and about that …
- aggressive driving (socal): weaving. i used to hate when i saw other drivers do it due to the palpitations i suffered while watching, but i admit i occasionally do it too. anything to end the drive faster, even if only by two minutes, even if it means offending or scaring other drivers.
- achieved average speed: ~80-85mph.
highway idiosyncracies (new)
- socal: empty carpool lanes
- chicago: left lane exits
- omaha: open windows, sub-limit speeds, weaving — within the same lane.
driving song (new)
- socal: red hot chili peppers – under the bridge. i’m calling this the socal driving song because of the shout-out to LA, but it’s universally appropriate. turn it up!
- chicago: kanye west – flashing lights
- omaha: as if you didn’t know.